Sunday, October 26, 2008
Mental Health Moment
As my bff so eloquently stated a few weeks ago:
" wowzee, using your brain gets tiring sometimes..."
Now while her own intelligence could be put up
for debate after a quote like this,
I think there is alot of validity behind the sentiment.
Which is why I am spitting out the following.
because "wowzee, my brain is tired".
1. I am trying to figure out how to construct myself into a giant donut for this tuesday's youth group "fall festival".
any mechanical advice on configuring an outfit of this sort would be much appreciated. (something to consider: I have to take the El to get to destination)
2. it is so freaking cold. while boarding the Western stop tonight after youth meeting, a "gentlemen" hollered at me from across the street, proposing "I'll keep you warm baby, yeah that's right..."
Had it been 2 degrees colder, I think I might have actually taken him up on the offer.
(mom. i am kidding, i wouldn't have...but if hearing real life stories like this makes you want to send me long johns, then i am ok with that....)
3. note to self. the night you wear pig tails, ratty sweater, and clompy boots, is the night a young, georgous brazillian literature professor will sit next to you and dial his sister to talk about that morning's church service. further note: the fact that he caught you in the middle of mowing down on a piece of roommate intended pumpkin pie will not play in your favor.
things to keep in mind, jensen...things to keep in mind.
4. school, i am coming to get you, sooner than you know. just wait for it. i miss you too.
5. in children's church today i saw an eight year old boy eat more goldfish crackers in a two minute period than i could ever hope to eat in my lifetime. it was pretty incredible.
this list is so lame.
i didn't even make it past five
and it is more a diary entry than anything.
but weather.com says it is supposed to snow tommorrow.
so i'll consider this my winter lament,
scold myself for a day or two,
and then move on.
Posted by Jekisa Jean at 8:56 PM