Monday, December 8, 2008

Hair today Gone Tomm.














Boredom at work + poetry story idea in talking with a friend
+ actual knot in hair =...an apology. for the following.



There is a knot in my hair
like the one in my shoe
that is constantly growing
what to do what to do?

It started out small
the humble size of a dime.
but at midmorning tea
had quartered in no time.

Ginny said "ignore it"
she said I would manage
but a week has gone by
and now it's causing some damage.

Vases and windows are merely a token
of the keepsakes, the namesakes,
the valuables I've broken.

(Not to mention my studies, mummy says.
And she is right).

I hit Monday's piano teacher smack in the eye
I reached for C sharp and she started to cry

Tuesday's Italian and I can say for sure,
that IT was the reason Professore hit the floor.

Wednesdays are swimming in our heated indoor pool.
But my rubber cap did not fit and I felt like a fool.

By thursday's polo match the thing was gigantic
It kept knocking down teammates and the crowds grew quite frantic.

This morning is Friday.
I should be well out of bed.
But the horror the travesty,
I can't lift my head!!

I've called all the nurses,
all the maids and the cooks,
called all the bakers, the policeman
to "come take a look!!"

"Please help me please help me please help me please do.
now My THOUGHTS are all tangled,
I am counting on you!"

I presented the problem to the council of many
but solutions were scarce.
None gave me any.

Except.

Except for a little girl from the wood,
who sat on my stomach and told me of good.
news that is.


"dear child dear child".
She said with a smile,
all will be well
just close your eyes and rest here awhile.

So I did as she ordered
I did as she told...
but when i opened my eyelids
i saw scissors of gold!

The woodland girl
a once calm and peaceful fairy
was now a large Ogre
quite large and quite scary.

With a menacing glare
he lunged full speed ahead
I screamed and I panicked
and thought myself dead.

But low and behold
the seconds they flew
I glanced down at my feet
and that's when I knew...

The knot that had grown
that had towered and terrored
could do no more harm
meeting due punishment for it's errors.

Now I am thankful and happy and weightless it's true.
But next time...
I am brushing.
to try something new.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

jessi jessi jessi... you do it again and again!

i'm rolling with laughter.

i discovered yesterday that my domestic helper is using my hair brush.

what to do? what to do? she brushes but i don't want to share my brush : (

Unknown said...

who needs my photography when you've got ms paint ms jessi. i seriously can't compete.

very nice poem.

these two stanzas (i think that's a word) are my favorite:

There is a knot in my hair
like the one in my shoe
that is constantly growing
what to do what to do?

It started out small
the humble size of a dime.
but at midmorning tea
had quartered in no time.


i can't explain why i like it. i just do.

made me a bit thankful that i'm bald, knots are something i don't have to worry about. ever.

Chris said...

Oh, I love this! So whimsical! It reminds me of Shel Silverstein.

(I hope this wasn't a true story...)

georgia b. said...

i agree—very Shel Silverstein-esque.

hey, go here:

http://haroldmeers.com/pho.asp

i kissed this boy in the basement of a hotel in Budapest!!! can you believe it?

Steve said...

Cute stuff. But from a literary standpoint, Georgia's confession is much more intriguing! :-)

Josh Buck said...

It is very clever.

shilvia said...

I love this!!!words so light yet in my humble opinion,there's a golden lesson to be learned...